Monday, October 24, 2011

Got a little distracted this week...

I managed to get a few projects updated and... start a few new projects.  Couldn't help myself!

Ok, for the updates:

FARMER'S WIFE QAL:  not so much

PINEAPPLE SURPRISE QAL:  uhmmm, nope didn't touch this one either

CHRISTMAS QUILT:  1/4 of the way done.

Only 3 more blocks like this and then the quilt top will be finished!


CRISS CROSS QUILT:  2 rows completed only 3 more to go.
I'm loving the colors on this one!
Sure hope Aunt Janice does too. ♥


NEW PROJECTS!!!!

Every year, I make Emma a quilt for Christmas... okay, so she's only 2 and I just started this last year, BUT, I'm starting a tradition!  Here's the one I made her last year:


I found this adorable toddler quilt pattern on Moda and decided it was a *must make*.  Here is the fabric I'm using for THIS year's quilt:




Can you guess the theme for her new *big girl* room???
If you guessed "totally obsessed with ladybugs" ---  you are correct!


NEXT PROJECT:  this one only took me an evening to sew together.

Again, perusing the wonderful Moda Bake shop website, I saw this cute little car organizer.  Determined it was also a *must make*.


Poor picture quality because it's night time and garage lighting isn't exactly ideal for great photography.  However, I wanted to show it off!!!

better lighting inside
and the back


Story behind NEXT project:

A blogging friend of mine, Marilyn, was hosting a quilt show


After a little convincing, I managed to get my husband to go with me!!!  It's about an hour and a half drive to Long Beach from our house and I didn't want to spend 3 hours in the car in Los Angeles traffic by myself... misery loves company! ♥

Oh was it WORTH it!  We were not allowed to take photos inside because of the location, but if you could have seen what I saw, you would be just as amazed!  These quilters are so creative and talented!

Plus I got to meet Miss Marilyn for the first time!  What a wonderful lady she is, so kind and funny and just a joy to be around!  I could have hung out with her all afternoon!

So this is where my new project comes in, whilst walking around checking out each vendor booth, I noticed this woman making a *rag rug*.  Oh the pull was too much, I couldn't resist!  I quickly grabbed my wallet and bought the pattern/kit.  Here's what I've managed to make out of just my scraps so far:



As you can imagine,
  • a 2 year old
  • a football fanatic
  • and a quilt show
 on a Sunday, just don't go well together.

So we headed to Shoreline Dr to eat at Bubba Gumps and check out the marina.

Oh how I love SoCal!

After our tummies were filled, we took a nice little walk...

... is this not the most precious photo ever!

Oh the memories we are making with this little one...

My heart belongs to each of them.


~ * * ~
"Memories are like a patchwork quilt... each section is sewn together, to be wrapped around us for comfort an warmth in the years to come."
Author Unknown
~ * * ~



3 comments:

  1. What a great post. And what a great person you are with a lovely family. I'm glad you found Shawn's booth, Rusty Crow, and her fun tool. Love your projects and Emma's Christmas quilt looks like a lot of fun.

    Hugs to you,
    Mariyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marilyn! Such a pleasure meeting you. Only wish we lived closer, me and my little red head would be over all the time! I'm almost finished with my rag rug too! Pictures next post!

    ♥♥♥
    Bev

    ReplyDelete