Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Farmer's Wife and other Quilt-A-Longs

Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-Long
I think the Farmer thought I'd given up on him...

Decided to get back on the wagon now that our lupus walk is over. 

Oh how I've missed making these little cuties! 

After looking over the blocks I'd already made, I decided I needed to add brighter colors.  Something to make it PoP!  So don't be too alarmed when you see some of the new blocks, wait till you see them all together at the end... I think it really helped wake up this drab looking quilt.

3 - Basket
4 - Basket Weave

5 - Bat Wing
6 - Big Dipper

105 - Wild Goose Chase
107 - Windblown Square

108 - Windmill
109 - Window

And all together now:

43 blocks completed
68 blocks to go
 Pineapple Surprise Quilt-a-Long

6 blocks completed
14 blocks to go
I chose Deb Strain's fabric line, "Coming Home"
I'm participating in this QaL with some gals from my
hometown in Illinois so I thought it was a perfect choice.
Plus, I really like the rich colors!

And what to do with all those scraps? 
Make it into a scrappy binding to match my quilt! 
Thanks for the idea Geta, her blog is really quite something. 
Head on over there and take a peek, but please come back. :D

Christmas quilt:
Brian's sweet Aunt Carol asked me if I'd make her mom, Brian's grandma, a quilt for Christmas.  What a great idea!  Why didn't I think of that?!!?  So we agreed on this pattern, it's a variation of the Drunkard's path.  I think it's beautiful!

Bought this quilt kit from Quilt Kits & Quarters

47 blocks completed
93 blocks to go

 I've been working on these blocks as my starters and enders between sewing my other projects.  Makes this project go really fast and I don't have to ever cut my thread!  I just chain piece everything!

I found this great tutorial on how to sew these little boogers without even pinning them!  That's right, sewing curves without pinning!

Check out this neat little tutorial:


NO pins!  I'm whipping right through these!

What would I do without the internet! 


One last photo to share.  I finished this quilt top this week and just love it!  It's for an adorable little 5 month old, whose room will soon be decorated with all things airplane related!

It's all basted, just have to get it quilted and put the binding on.


Well I think that's about all I've got for "Show & Tell" this evening. 

If you haven't checked out my cousin Lori's, blog, you should head on over there!  Super cute stuff, very talented lady!  Her blog is called, Closet Creations.

~♥~ ~♥~ ~♥~
"When life gives you scraps, make a quilt!"

No comments:

Post a Comment