Monday, October 31, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

FARMER'S WIFE QAL:

 
55 - Linoleum
56 - Maple Leaf
49 blocks completed
62 blocks to go


 PINEAPPLE SURPRISE QAL:

14 blocks completed
6 blocks to go

My pretty stack of Pineapple blocks!

CHRISTMAS QUILT:

another quarter of the quilt completed

HALF WAY done!!!

CRISS CROSS QUILT:

Another row added - OVER half way!

SCRAPPY 2011 QUILT:


block 1
block 2

 

Not sure how many blocks I'm going to make, each one is measuring 16.5" square... so they are quite big... guess I'll go until I run out of scraps!


RAG RUG from last week's quilt show:


I LOVE it!!!  So bright and colorful and completely made out of my scrappy strips!
It's big too!  Measures: 21.5" x 38"

WINE BOTTLE gift bag:

Found the pattern for this great gift bag on Moda Bake Shop, here.  Emma and I traveled up near San Francisco to visit a friend and we couldn't show up without a gift, so we brought our friend some local wine and cupcakes.  :D  (See other blog for photos of our trip)

While we were up there, my friend gave me the BEST present EVER!  Her mother was a quilter.  A "hand" quilter.  Well Barb had a quilt that her mother had made roughly 30 - 40 years ago and asked me if I would like to have it!  CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?!?!?  I was OVER the moon!  Just look  how beautiful this quilt is: 

It fits a Queen size bed!


Did I mention this was ALL done by HAND!

Beautiful.
Simply Beautiful.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!
I love it!


~ * * ~
"Grandma's quilts have love in every stitch."
Author Unknown
~ * * ~

No comments:

Post a Comment