Monday, October 10, 2011

FW, Pineapple Surprise, and a Finish!

FARMER'S WIFE QAL - 2 more blocks completed!


69 - Practical Orchard
70 - Prairie Queen

45 blocks completed
66 blocks to go
I'm not loving this gray sashing... does anyone have any good suggestions for a sashing color?



PINEAPPLE SURPRISE QAL - 2 more blocks completed!

8 blocks completed
12 blocks to go

CHRISTMAS QUILT - 40 more drunkard path blocks completed

87 blocks completed
57 blocks to go
*** cute little wallet for me ***


and a FINISH!!! 

My little flyboy shall be getting his quilt soon!
Quilt #39 - Fly boy
37" x 50"
LOVE the free motion quilting on this one!
 I quilted the little boy's name and birthday and a few airplanes into this big squares!  I think this adds so much to the precious little quilt! 

Really having fun experimenting with all the possibilities of free-motion quilting!



This is your captain speaking, signing off for this evening!  Hope you enjoyed the update!

~ * * ~
"May your bobbin always be full."
author unknown
~ * * ~

2 comments:

  1. I like the grey; but, what are you looking for? Authentically it would be that muddy brown. But, if you want to brighten it a little, maybe an apple green as green is a neutral. Or cream color? It is looking nice. Love, love, love your little guy quilt. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't thought of apple green!!! I like that idea! I tried the muddy brown, but it clashed with the other browns I have in the blocks... And the gray just seems so .... blah! I'm going to play with some bright greens though.

    Thanks so much for leaving a comment! ♥♥♥

    And I think that little guy quilt has become my new favorite! :D

    ReplyDelete