Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Traveling quilt and new clock

TRAVELING QUILT:


21 STARS!!!




 I've been sewing at the park while Emma is at preschool and my traveling quilt is getting some traveling in.

I decided to go with a dark teal border for my outer row of diamonds.


And for the outer border of the entire quilt, I found this great text fabric the reads,

"faith, hope, love"

 in beautiful bright colors. 

It just seemed too perfect to pass up.

But I have a LOT of stars to go before I have to worry about tacking this quilt to a border. 

I am really enjoying this hand piecing.  I'm so glad I came across the blog:



Jessica's video tutorial on how to do English Paper Piecing is excellent!  And her "Traveling Quilts" are absolutely gorgeous!!!  Definitely check out her site.  So talented!





EMMA'S CLOCK:

I've completely decorated Emma's room in a "ladybug" theme.  And recently she's been very interested in clocks.  So I looked online for a ladybug clock and thought . . .   I could paint a ladybug on a plain clock a lot cheaper than purchasing a personalized ladybug one.

BEFORE: 
Plain black and white clock
$6.99 at Target



AFTER: 
Ta - Daaaa!

I'm going to wrap it up for her birthday (2 July) and surprise her. 

I think it turned out just adorable!  And I got to paint, which I haven't done for a long, long time.



That's all for now, folks.
Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. And it is so darn cute to boot! Nothing like a personalizded present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an ADORABLE CLOCK! love the lady bugs face! too cute!! Love the teal boarder! and great choice for the back of the quilt! colors match perfectly! <3

    ReplyDelete